We are going to show you here how you can root Android tablet Turbo X Hive IV from “Plaisio” store. The tablet used for this guide is Turbo X HIVE IV 10.1″ running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean but you can do the same thing for other similar Android tablets. By rooting your tablet you can have extra possibilities like installing other Application stores (like Google Play – click here to see how to install Google Play and Gmail in Android 4.2 using tablet Turbo X Hive IV) that might be uninstalled or blocked by your manufacturer and many other useful applications that require root access to work properly like Root Uninstaller, Titanium backup, Busybox etc. If you want to root Turbo X Hive IV 3G tablet you will find a guide and useful links at the comments of this post.
Other pictures of the tablet are found here
The technical information of the Android tablet is:
Item Type: Tablet PC 10.1″
Screen Size: 10.1″
Touch Screen Type: IPS Capacitive panel
Display resolution: 1280×800
Front camera: 0.3 MP
Back camera: 5 MP
Operating System: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Processor Model: Quad Core ARM cortex A31s 1.2GHz
Processors speed: 1.2 GHz
Tablet Data Capacity: 16GB
Memory Capacity: 1GB
External storage: micro SD (32GB max)
Cell Capacity: 6000mAh Li-Ion
Network Communication: Wi-Fi
HDMI: Mini HDMI
USB: Micro USB 2.0 Micro usb 2.0 host
Weight: 610 gr
Width: 25 cm
Height: 17.6 cm
Depth: 9.5 mm
Extend Port: DC Jack, Earphone Jack
Feature: Multi Touch, miniHDMI, G Sensor, OTG, Dual Cameras
Model Number: M10A9
This Android tablet is like tablets from Somy, Ployer, Soulycin, Vido and other manufacturers.
Some other Android tablets – similar models are:
- 10.1 inch IPS TFT LCD AllWinner A31 Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 1GB 16GB Dual Cameras 5MP HDMI Tablet PC M1025
- 10.1 Inch Soulycin S11II Quad Core Tablet PC A31S IPS Screen Android 4.2 Ram 1GB ROM 16GB Silver
- Ployer momo 20 Allwinner A31 Quad Core Tablet PC 10.1” IPS Capacitive 2GB/16GB HDMI out Android 4.1 Dual Camera
- Ployer momo 20 Allwinner A31 Quad Core tablet pc 10.1” IPS 10 points touch 2GB/16GB Dual Camera HDMI out Android 4.1
- Ployer MOMO 20 Silver 10.1 inch Android 4.1 Tablet PC Dual Cameras 2GB RAM 16GB ROM CPU Allwinner A31 Quad Core 1.5GHz
- Ployer Momo20 10.1inch IPS quad core A31 2GB/16GB android 4.1 HDMI dual camera Ployer Momo 20 tablet pc
- Vido N101 Quad core tablet pc 10.1″ IPS tablet pc Allwinner A31 Android 4.1 Dual Camera HDMI
Why wouldn’t you root?
There are essentially three potential reasons why not to root your Android.
- Voiding your warranty. Unless you can restore or flash the original ROM you made.
- Bricking your tablet. There is a small risk of bricking your device, so follow the instructions carefully and bricking should never occur.
- Security risks. Rooting could create a security vulnerability, depending on the services and applications you use on your tablet, so be careful what applications you choose to use.
The tablet Turbo X Hive IV is a half rooted device, meaning it is not an S-OFF full rooted device. Follow the steps below to make your tablet a full rooted device with all the rights of an administrator.
First of all if you don’t already have a Google account or a Gmail account, create one. You cannot use Google play or Gmail without having a registered Google account.Buy Cheap Folio PU Leather Folding Stand Case Cover For 10.1 Inch Android Tablet Turbo X Hive IV
How to Root Android Tablet
Go to Android settings, click “Security” and check Allow and install Apps from Unknown Sources. Click OK to the attention pop-up and you are done! Android is now set up to allow install of non-Market applications! Now you can install any app from anywhere that you want, but be careful and make sure you do some background checking when downloading applications from unknown sources. See the image below.
- Download or install SuperSU from here or here.
- Install or transfer the apk file to your tablet, open your tablet’s file browser find the apk file and install it. Then launch the SuperSU application and if asked to update the su binary and install, choose to install it.
- Download or install Root Checker from here or here.
- Install or transfer the apk file to your tablet, open your tablet’s file browser find the apk file and install it. Then launch the application and WUALA…… see that your tablet is FULL rooted.
Now you can install other useful applications like Titanium backup, Root Uninstaller, Lucky patcher and others.
If your Root Checker application message says your tablet is not rooted, (carefully) try the following
- Download or install Busybox from here
- Open Busybox and select to install its options.
- When finished, check again with Root checker!
If you would like to enable the Multi user feature on your Android tablet click here to read how to enable the Multiple Users Feature on Android tablet