We are going to show you here how you can install Google Play and Gmail in Android tablet using Turbo X Hive IV (and Turbo X Hive V) from “Plaisio” store. The tablet used for this guide is Turbo X HIVE IV 10.1″ running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean but you can do the same thing for other similar Android tablets. By default this tablet has uninstalled these two applications and has its own store installed, called “Plaisio store” which is only a version of SlideMe application store under the name of “Plaisio”. If you want to have extended possibilities by installing other Application stores like Google Play and you want to option of using your Gmail email account you can install Gmail application (and Google Play store of course) by following our guide.
The technical information of the Android tablet Turbo X Hive IV & V are:
Item Type: Tablet PC 10.1″
Screen Size: 10.1″
Touch Screen Type: IPS Capacitive panel
Display resolution: 1280×800
Front camera: 0.3 MP
Back camera: 5 MP
Operating System: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Processor Model: Quad Core ARM cortex A31s 1.2GHz (Turbo X Hive V: Quad Core Cortex A9)
Processors speed: 1.2 GHz (Turbo X Hive V: 1.4GHz)
Tablet Data Capacity: 16GB
Memory Capacity: 1GB
External storage: micro SD (32GB max)
Cell Capacity: 6000mAh Li-Ion
Network Communication: Wi-Fi
HDMI: Mini HDMI
USB: Micro USB 2.0 Micro usb 2.0 host
Weight: 610 gr
Width: 25 cm
Height: 17.6 cm
Depth: 9.5 mm
Extend Port: DC Jack, Earphone Jack
Feature: Multi Touch, miniHDMI, G Sensor, OTG, Dual Cameras
Model Number: M10A9
This Android tablet is like tablets from Somy, Ployer, Soulycin, Vido and other manufacturers.
Some other Android tablets – similar models are:
- 10.1 inch IPS TFT LCD AllWinner A31 Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 1GB 16GB Dual Cameras 5MP HDMI Tablet PC M1025
- 10.1 Inch Soulycin S11II Quad Core Tablet PC A31S IPS Screen Android 4.2 Ram 1GB ROM 16GB Silver
- Ployer momo 20 Allwinner A31 Quad Core Tablet PC 10.1” IPS Capacitive 2GB/16GB HDMI out Android 4.1 Dual Camera
- Ployer momo 20 Allwinner A31 Quad Core tablet pc 10.1” IPS 10 points touch 2GB/16GB Dual Camera HDMI out Android 4.1
- Ployer MOMO 20 Silver 10.1 inch Android 4.1 Tablet PC Dual Cameras 2GB RAM 16GB ROM CPU Allwinner A31 Quad Core 1.5GHz
- Ployer Momo20 10.1inch IPS quad core A31 2GB/16GB android 4.1 HDMI dual camera Ployer Momo 20 tablet pc
- Vido N101 Quad core tablet pc 10.1″ IPS tablet pc Allwinner A31 Android 4.1 Dual Camera HDMI
Why wouldn’t you root?
There are essentially three potential reasons why not to root your Android.
- Voiding your warranty. Unless you can restore or flash the original ROM you made.
- Bricking your tablet. There is a small risk of bricking your device, so follow the instructions carefully and bricking should never occur.
- Security risks. Rooting could create a security vulnerability, depending on the services and applications you use on your tablet, so be careful what applications you choose to use.
Root the Android tablet Turbo X Hive IV & Hive V
First, you need a Rooted tablet so you need to fully Root your tablet (Click here to read our guide – How to Root the Android tablet Turbo X Hive IV from Plaisio store (Greece) and other similar Android devices). If your tablet is already rooted go to the next step. By rooting your tablet you can have extra possibilities like installing or uninstalling applications that might be uninstalled or blocked by your manufacturer and many other useful applications that require root access to function properly.
Install Google Play and Gmail in Android tablet using tablet Turbo X Hive IV & Hive V
What you need:
- A Turbo X Hive IV or Hive V tablet (of course)
- Root Explorer application (Search Google for the application as you cannot download it from Google Play (you dont have Google Play on your tablet – right? ) or download here )
- Gmail apk (Download it here) – For TURBO X HIVE V download the latest version from xda Forum
- Google Play apk (Go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=41433836 and scroll down to ATTACHED FILES and click on the com.android.vending-4.1.6.apk
Save all these files to your PC in a folder called “apps-apks” or to your tablet.
Google Play and Gmail installation process
1. Open your tablet, go to Settings -> Connect your tablet to PC and allow the file transfer between the tablet and pc. Copy the folder “apps-apks” to your tablets external storage.
2. Go to Android settings and check Allow and install Apps from Unknown Sources. Click OK to the attention pop-up and you are done! Android is now set up to allow install of non-Market applications! Now you can install any app from anywhere that you want, but be careful and make sure you do some background checking when downloading from an unknown source. See the image below for help.
3. Open your tablets default file browser and go to the folder “apps-apks” you copied earlier and install Root Explorer. Remember that whenever you will open Root Explorer if asked for Superuser permissions always click “Allow”. At the following image you will see how the folder looks like.
4. Find the folder you copied (“apps-apks”) and install the file com.google.android.gm.4.5.apk without opening the application.
5. Browse with Root explorer to the same folder “apps-apks” and find the com.android.vending-4.1.6.apk and long click on it until a pop-up window opens, then choose copy. See the image below.
6. While you are still on Root explorer browse back to the root directory “/” (like C:/ on windows), and find the “system” (/system). Then click on Mount R/W and press “Copy Here”.
7. Rename the file com.android.vending-4.1.6.apk (by long clicking on it, then choose “Rename”) to Phonesky.apk
8. Long click on Phonesky.apk and choose “Permissions”. From the 9 tick boxes shown check the tick boxes of the first and second vertical columns and from the third column only the first check box. Click “Ok”. See image below.
9. Long click on Phonesky.apk and choose “Move”.
10. Browse to the folder “app” (/system/app) and click “Move Here”. (For TURBO X HIVE V browse to the folder /system/priv-app). See at the following image how your system/app folder looks like with Phonesky.apk moved here.
11. Escape (close) Root Explorer application and reboot your tablet.
12. Once the tablet has reboot, go to the applications menu and you see the installed Gmail application, open it, connect with your Gmail account username and password and close it.
13. Now is the time to open Play Store and enjoy the Google experience on your tablet (time to celebrate!) Now you should have Google Play and Gmail in Android tablet FULLY functional. In the image below we put shortcuts of these two apps to our home screen menu.
If you would like to enable the Multi user feature on your Android tablet click here to read how to enable the Multiple Users Feature on Android tablet